The Kammprofile is the preferred gasket when needing improved performance at low seating stresses. It features excellent anti-blowout properties associated with the reliability of a solid metal-to-metal seal combined with soft sealing face to ensure a tighter joint. Kammprofile is an ideal replacement for problem applications associated with jacketed gaskets.
- Fabricated in nominal pipe size and pressure
- Configured in standard shapes for heat exchanger application
- Available with centering ring for use on raised face flanges
- Metal cores available in soft iron, stainless steel and exotic materials
- Standard surface materials of flexible graphite or PTFE
- Low seating stress
- Optimum combination of solid core with soft sealing face
- Permits a tighter joint under operating conditions
- Results in reduced emissions
- Compensates for fluctuating ranges of temperature and pressures
- Manufactured for all flanges including class 150# to class 2,500#
- Easy to install and effortless to remove
- Improves plant efficiency
- Maintains a tight seal over variable range of bolt stresses
Style G-PN Kammprofile gaskets are selected for use in confined locations, including male and female, tongue and groove, and recessed flange arrangements.
Variation of the G-PN Kammprofile, utilizing an integral outer locating ring for correct gasket positioning within the mating flange bolt circle. Style G-ZG Kammprofile gaskets are recommended for use on standard raised face and flat face flange assemblies.
The Style G-ZA Kammprofile is a slight variation of the Style G-ZG. The integral outer locating ring is replaced by a loose fitting independent ring which is preferred where flange differential radial thermal expansion may be encountered. These rings may also be spot welded.